The smart factory is a process of self-optimization of performance across a broader network. The factory, self-adapts and learn from new conditions in real or near-real time, and autonomously run production processes. The goal of Industry 4.0 and 5.0 is to transform traditional manufacturing into electronic manufacturing. The German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, explained the meaning of “smart factory” at the Hannover Industry Fair in 2014, as a production process that does not require manual management. This is because the different stages of production and machines communicate with each other.
Smart factories have greatly improved production efficiency and reduced error rates. Below, is a graph showing the benefits of smart factories and how the benefit rate has grown from 2018 to 2019.
- Improve production efficiency: use intelligent analysis of production information to continuously tap into the potential of the equipment. Also, improve production efficiency, and improve management goals.
2. Product quality improvement: calculate detailed test data in real-time during the production process, including comprehensive quality management control, post-mortem analysis, and improvement of product quality.
3. Quality traceability: provide control methods such as pre-production prevention, in-production monitoring, and post-production analysis to improve product quality.
4. Lean production: Intelligent industry and intelligent manufacturing have triggered automatic data collection so as to provide relevant real-time production data for production management staff at all levels.
5. Production transparency: Uses a real-time collection of production information to fully understand the production progress. Thereby eliminating the “black box” of production management, and making production management fully transparent.
6. High execution ability: Adopt advanced manufacturing IoT technology, standardize management, make the “black box” of workshop production transparent, and improve the core competitiveness of manufacturing enterprises.
Where will automation take human society?
Furthermore, the future development trend is already clear, machines will master the information and resources of society, and they will learn to think logically. As humans make decisions, artificial intelligence can also participate too. How should we adapt to this change? One day we can sit at home and produce everything we want, which is the ultimate goal of Industry 5.0.
Contact us for more information.